Winter weather is just around the corner in Raleigh and when the temperature lowers, the energy costs can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Raleigh winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella of Raleigh experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Raleigh.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Raleigh a call at 919-324-0196 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.