Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Consider these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your house. What function do you want this space to serve? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 919-324-0196, visit our Raleigh showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.