Fall is just around the corner in Raleigh, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the feel of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to think about when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are a variety of ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Raleigh a call at 919-324-0196 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!