If it’s your turn to host your family for the holidays in Raleigh, don’t stress about it. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Regardless of whether you are having five or 50 relatives over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are a wonderful time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. Not only does it keep your home warm, but it is often the focal point of the room. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- Now is a great time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Raleigh to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and jolly holiday.
- The winter months are the perfect time to add a little life to your décor. Through the brisk season in Raleigh, it can be difficult to find vibrant colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about a cozy spot to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Raleigh every year. If you don’t like cooking, add fun with festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you can take advantage of endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Get creative and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. This is a perfect spot for you to set Santa’s cookies or enjoy a cup of coffee before Thanksgiving cooking begins.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. With the help of these tips, your home will be safe and comfortable. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Raleigh than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, come in and talk with our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Raleigh showroom or call us at 919-324-0196.